Web Hosting is a service that allows an organization or individual to access their websites on the internet.
In recent days, many hosting providers started offering various hosting plans to their customers based on the nature of the hosting. In this article, we will see a brief introduction of all hosting types.
Hosting Types :
In shared web hosting clients share all server space and other resources like CPU, RAM etc.
Advantages of shared hosting :
- Affordability — It’s much cheaper to share the space on a server than to rent the entire server.
- Ease of use — Preconfigured, well-organized server .
This hosting type allows the reseller account owner to sell hosting to their clients. The reseller client has control over all the client accounts hosted under his reseller account.
VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a method of dividing the main server resources into smaller virtual servers, where resources can be allocated in a way that does not directly reflect the underlying hardware.VPS is set up as a shared server but it works as a dedicated server.
Refer this article to differentiate VPS and Dedicated server.
This is a server that the client has full control over it i.e client will have root access to the server with which he can manage his server’s all functionalities.
Advantages of dedicated server:
- Customization — You can customize the software and hardware as per your requirement
- Unlimited Resources — Since you don’t share the server with anyone, all the storage space and other server resources will be yours.
- Full control — You can configure the server setup however you’d like.
A group of servers are in a cloud. Cloud web hosting is web hosting which uses the resources of several clustered servers. Essentially, this means that your website uses the virtual resources of several servers to accommodate all of the aspects of hosting your site.
Advantages of cloud hosting :
- Scalability — You can add to your cloud space at any time.
- Robust — You don’t have to face site downtime due to a server failure.
Clustered web hosting spreads the load of hosting across multiple physical machines or servers by increasing availability which decreases the chance of affecting one service (like FTP, SMTP) or another service(like MYSQL).
When the physical machine is under maintenance or reboot, the cluster server should be configured in a manner that would allow it to support all the original server’s guest operating systems. Because of this configuration, the sites hosted in this environment don’t have to face any downtime.
Hope this article will help you to get